Gates Industrial Corp. plc, a leading global provider of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions, introduces the next generation of premium hydraulics with the new Gates MXT™ family of hoses. According to the company, this innovative patent-pending product line is a lighter weight and more flexible solution that meets or exceeds a wide range of industry standards, and addresses both replacement market and original equipment manufacturer needs. It is designed for applications across industries such as agriculture, mining, construction and other end-markets with demanding performance requirements.
“We have been focused on enhancing our product development and manufacturing capabilities, and MXT is a great example of how these investments are starting to pay off,” said Ivo Jurek, CEO of Gates Industrial. “This innovative new product further demonstrates our ongoing dedication to push the boundaries of applied materials science and manufacturing processes to deliver solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers.”
Gates MXT Features:
- More flexible with an average of 40 percent decreased force-to-bend (compared to similar Gates products), allowing for faster and more ergonomic installation
- Up to 30 percent lighter weight for improved fuel efficiency, easier handling and reduced shipping costs
- Meets or exceeds multiple industry standards, covering approximately 90 percent of the hydraulic wire braid product applications
- Tested to exceed 600,000 impulse cycles – three times greater than industry standards
- Compatible with Gates extensive line of hydraulic couplings (crimp specifications available)
Gates MXT is the latest addition to the Gates MegaSys® product portfolio, a complete hydraulic hose and coupling system, and will be available worldwide in the third quarter in select sizes and regions.
Image courtesy of Gates Corporation.