Schwing has introduced the S 38 SX with a 5-section boom. The new lightweight machine is available in a three-axle configuration with cab-over truck or as a four-axle version with conventional truck to meet federal bridge laws. A key feature is that all of the articulation is on the working side of the boom for faster deployment and the ability to snake the end hose deep into decks. The boom provides 106 ft. 11 in. of horizontal and 122 ft. 4 in. of vertical reach.
The Schwing design with long stroke and large diameter pumping cylinders reduces wear by achieving pumping volume with fewer strokes per minute and less wear.
- Front outriggers are the exclusive Super X style that telescope out and around jobsite obstructions. They can be deployed on one-side only for set-up with the standard EASy system that narrows the footprint even further and provides up to 180-degrees of boom rotation on the pour side of the pump.
- The system is integrated into Schwing’s VECTOR Controls that monitor and ensures the safety of the pump and its operator.
- The Vector system also provides proportional radio remote control of the boom function and communicates with the operator to stay fully informed of the pump’s status even when they are hundreds of feet from the pump.
- Concrete pumping is provided by the Schwing open loop, twin-cylinder hydraulic pump that is offered in two sizes on the S 38 SX with output to 216 cubic yards per hour.
- Both pump kits utilize the exclusive Big Rock Valve that extends the valve and housing to easily keep up with the requirements of high volume pours even with the harshest mixes.